Monday, September 28, 2026

Walk around magic for Wedding receptions

 Last weekend I had the good fortune of performing strolling magic for 90 minutes at the cocktail hour before a wedding reception. This is a challenging but fun environment. What you will find in these types of events is small groups of 3 to 5 people scattered across a wide area - in this case it was several adjacent rooms in a mansion. Some groups were around a standing table but many were just standing with glasses in their hands.

I had chosen a mix of tricks to perform - some close up effects with cards, dice and some mentalism too. I had to adjust to the fact that if there was no table the magic needs to happen in my hands or the spectator's hands. And each performance can last only 5 to 8 minutes. The good news was that I performed for many different groups and everyone seemed to enjoy the magic and have a great time. I even found a group with some young kids and they of course loved watching me do magic so close to them. 

I also had prepared a special custom effect for the couple and this turned out to be a big hit. And when I finally got to perform this effect for the couple themselves, they loved it too.

Do consider hiring a magician for entertainment at a cocktail hour before dinner since the audience will have a wonderful and unforgettable experience.

No comments: